What is Intuition?Jun 4th, 2010 | By Stacey | Category: Success
The Mystery of Intuition
by Stacey Mayo, The Sentelligent Coach
I had a conversation with a new friend recently who happens to be very sensitive and intutiive . . . yes, the two go together. But she has not developed her intuitive abilities due to an internal conflict. Her particular conflict was religious.
It made me wonder how many other people think that there is something wrong or bad with developing your intuition and I posed the question on Facebook.
I got some interesting answers as to why people feel conflicted about intuition and they run the gamut. i have listed those below and I included my own thoughts as well.
Common Reasons People are Uncomfortable with Intuition in Some Way
1) You may have received messages from your religious upbringing that only saints, sages, prodigal sons, etc. can connect directly with Source/God/Higher power. Many believe this was done to maintain control and power over the peeps.
2) You may not sure what to do with the intuitive information you receive – received no training on this
3) You may have a fear of what others will think if you speak about it – afraid of being seen as weird or different
4) Many women were witches, mystics, healers in the 1800′s and were shunned and even killed for this “magical ability”. Many of us have carried that trauma forward from those times and blocked our intuitive abilities.
What is Intuition?
There are several types of intuition:
The first is one you know as a gut feeling or a hunch … when your hair stands up on your arms or you get the chills in your body or some other sign that tells you that whatever was or thought is the truth.
You may also find yourself saying something like “I know it in my bones” or “it just feels right”. Everyone experiences these kinds of intuitive hunches at times in their life.
Another type of intuition is more commonly found among those people who consider themselves “sensitive.” It is the ability to connect in with a higher source of information to get answers – be it God, your guides, the angels, the universe (world wide connection and information), the akashic records. Different people have unique abilities to tap into different sources of information for the good of those involved.
Some people have had this natural ability all their life, other have subconsciously blocked it for one of the above reasons and others may not feel any connection to this at all. It is my understanding that everyone can develop this type of intuition and connection if you so desire. It is helpful to have some training and/or release blocks due to societal, religious and historical beliefs around intuition as listed above.
I was trained formally as a Certified Intuitive Career Coach and when I do the Intuitive Career Readings for my clients, I connect with Source and also with my guides. I ask questions such as:
- what did you came here to do in this lifetime
- what your special gifts are and
- what is blocking you from living this out?
I also study the numerology (science created by Pythagoreaus) related to your birthdate to gather general information about what you planned to do in this lifetime and about the current year in your cycle. When I meditate and connect to source energy or your guides, I ask for more personal information related just to you.
If anyone would have told me I would be doing this a couple of years ago, I would have laughed at them. But this is part of my path as I continue to evolve. it is very rewarding to open this door for people and then to support those who desire help in making it happen.
If you want to release the struggle and get on track with what you came here to do in a way that works for you, now is the time. If this resonates with you, then be willing to following your intuition Visit www.balancedliving.com/coaching/ntuition